Thursday, November 29, 2007

Our homestudy is underway!!

It is official! We have started our homestudy. Josh and I both had our individual interviews yesterday. They went great! Laura, our social worker, is very easy to talk to and she made me feel comfortable instantly. I felt at ease answering her questions about our life. Josh said the same thing when I asked him how his interview went. She gave him all the paperwork that must be completed at this point, which includes the fingerprinting, lifestyle questionaires, medical release forms, the child abuse and neglect forms, and all the information we need to put together our profile. I have set a goal for us to have all of this completed and together two weeks from today, which is the 14th of December. She seemed to think that we could have our homestudy completed in February. I am hoping for that to be the case! That means we could be an approved family waiting for our baby in just two and a half short months!! I feel so good about all of this. I have such peace that I know has come from God. I feel like we are right where we are supposed to be in the process... nothing feels rushed.

Josh is excited too and that is a very comforting feeling that we are doing the right thing, lead by God. Lilly can't wait until she gets her brother or sister through this process. She is telling everyone, "Mommy is adopting a baby!"

Please be in prayer as we prepare all this paperwork and get our profile together that we can do this and do it well. I am nervous about doing the profile because I know that it will be shown to birthmothers and that is how we will either be chosen or not chosen.

A small sidenote:

Lilly is loving preschool. She already has her first crush! She got in the car on Tuesday, after her teacher told me that she was going to have to move Lilly's seat if she didn't stop talking, and told me... "Mommy, you know what... I'm in love with Caden!" I didn't know what to say except laugh. Needless to say, this is the little boy that she is talking to when the teacher asks them not to talk. I am glad she is enjoying preschool and hopefully she won't be the class troublemaker!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Yeah Homestudy! It is so great that ya'll are doing this. I know that you already read Brooke's blog but here is another adoption blog of a couple at church that have just adopted a child from Vietnam. http://watsonadoption.blogspot.com/

They have had a lot of ups and downs but in the end it was worth it.

Tesney said...

That's great. I'm so glad you have a good SW and that things have gone so smoothly thus far.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that things are going so well for you Anna Leigh. What an amazing and exciting time for your family. I'll be praying for you!