Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Having a bad day...

Okay... I have that song playing over and over again in my head today. Y'all know the one that they played when someone was kicked off of American Idol... "Had a Bad Day". Well, I guess I am feeling like I have had a bad couple of days and I am getting a little discouraged. I am determined not to let the enemy creep in and take my peace and joy, so I am blogging to remind myself how blessed I am.

Our house is still for sale, going on six months now. We had it listed with one realtor, who did nothing for us, for about five months. Now, we have it listed with a new realtor and she is wonderful, but it seems like no one wants to look in our side of town for a house. I know that six months isn't that long to have your house on the market, but I am getting anxious about it selling. In addition to this, we found the most wonderful house in a great neighborhood this past weekend. We made an offer on it, very hopeful that the couple would accept our offer contingent on the sale of our home. But, we got bad news last night that the couple received two offers yesterday and the other people didn't have a house to sell, so it was a "no brainer"... they were chosen. I felt so disappointed. Josh came home and told me that he would have expected me to just say that this obviously wasn't the house God had picked out for us and move on. I am trying to hold up to that faith, but sometimes I get discouraged.

Then, our home visit was scheduled for today. I was so excited because this is nearly the last step in the home study process, meaning we are so close to being an approved family waiting on our phone call. I got up very early and made sure the house was spotless and the dog was bathed. Well... another bit of bad news... the social worker called to cancel. She was having car trouble and the part for her car didn't come in before today. She would have to call to reschedule when the part comes in. I felt so disappointed again that I cried.

Thanks for listening to my pity party. I just needed to get it off my chest. The Lord will lift me up again!! He is so awesome and I know He understands disappointment and heartache firsthand. We will sell our home in His time, find a new home in His time, and get a new baby in His time.

Love to all!
~ALM

3 comments:

momx2 said...

Im sorry! Hang in there girl it will all be worth it!

Rebekah D. said...

Sometimes it feels like someone's kicking you while you're down, doesn't it? It's hard to see God's plan unfolding during those down times, but His hand is there, and I know you know that, too. I'm praying for you, and I know it will all work out!

The Whitsons said...

Keep your head up. It's the valley that makes the mountains that much more amazing.