Monday, February 4, 2008

Adoption progress

It appears our home study is coming to an end. I can't believe we are close to being an approved family waiting on our baby soon. It seems like we just began the process. Time really goes by fast.

As some of you may have read my last post, you might be wondering why I am sounding much more positive. Well... God always takes care of us and always provides us with peace even when the circumstances are less than desirable. Our home visit was supposed to be last Tuesday night. I was upset because our social worker had to cancel to due to car trouble. When I got home that night, I was cooking dinner and the phone rang. It was Laura, our social worker. I was surprised because I really didn't expect to hear from her for about a week or so. She told me that she could come the next night (Wednesday night) if we were available. I quickly agreed and told her we would be ready. So, Wednesday it was. It went great! Both Josh and I came home from work early so we would be relaxed and prepared. I had talked to Lilly about what this visit meant and prayed she would be on her best behavior.

When Laura first arrived, Lilly didn't know what to think about it all, her being a new person and everything. She did not behave well, but, it gave Laura a chance to see how Josh and I handle discipline, so it worked out okay. We had to put her in timeout two times, the second time being more drastic because Josh handled it and she always gets her feelings hurt more when he puts her in timeout. She cried and cried until I fixed her some milk and a small snack, which probably meant she was just hungry.

Josh and I did well answering her questions and I felt a peace in the room with us. I am so thankful that that part is over with because I was very anxious about it.

The only thing we are waiting on still is our clearance from the FBI and ABI, which Laura expected should be coming soon. It has been about six weeks or so since she sent off our fingerprint cards. I also had to have Tuscaloosa County courthouse mail our marriage certificate, so we are waiting on that.

We started working on our portfolio, which isn't as hard as I thought it would be. So, it is all coming together and I am so excited. Josh is too and Lilly keeps asking when is God going to send us a baby, so she is getting excited too!

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

~ALM

6 comments:

momx2 said...

Wow! Thats wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Wow Annaleigh! I am so excited for ya'll. I know you are very happy to have the home study complete! Good luck with the adoption and with the selling of your house. Adam and I are getting ready to put ours up for sale and it makes me nervous. We are moving over to the East Limestone/Madison area as well.

Rebekah D. said...

That's so exciting! I'm glad everything went well the other night. I know it makes you feel even more that you're doing the right thing.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are looking up for you! Congrats on the almost finish!

Kelley said...

Will still be praying.....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.