Friday, February 8, 2008

Special Disclaimer for all readers

I truly wish I did not feel compelled to leave this post, however, due to a hurtful remark; I cannot withhold this disclaimer. An anonymous person left the hurtful remark, so I have also since adjusted my settings so that comments cannot be left anonymously.

This blog was mostly intended to keep a running log of our adoption process. The very first blog that I posted was intended to inform my readers why I was attempting to blog. I started this blog right before our first adoption appointment. I felt that if I did not keep a written account of our adoption process, then I would quickly forget the events that took place. There have been many ways that God has worked in my life over the past year and I felt that I wanted to document that so that all glory would go to Him and I would readily see how much I am blessed. This has helped me to be content in whatever situation I am in.

I have also felt compelled, in the past, to document cute aspects of my child's life. She means so much to us and we are ever so thankful for her. Due to an increased business in my life at work and at home, I have not had the time to post much of anything, nor have I felt as compelled to. It has strictly been for documenting progress in the adoption and the couple of times I was tagged.

This post may seem to have no point to most of you... so the point is, I did not start blogging to give a detailed account of what is going on with us or what is on my heart. I simply do not feel compelled to write all of that for the world to see. I feel that my friends, who know me well, know this about me.

So, thanks to all of my friends of have supported me in this endeavor. I really appreciate the positive comments. I believe that we all need more positive things in our lives and the positive friends to support us. Life is hard enough!

I am truly tired of negativity and I think it is the devil's foothold. There is simply nothing good that comes from it. If an anonymous person was afraid to leave their name, then it is apparent that this person felt their comment was negative as well. I have always liked the saying, "If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all."

5 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Bad people lurk everywhere. I had someone who was doing similar things on a previous blog I had. It got so bad, I changed blog addresses. Sad thing is, it was someone I knew and have known for a long long time. They were using my blog as a place to post their hateful ideas. You can always hit the trashcan icon on a comment to delete it, but still. I'm so sorry. Blogging can and should be a wonderful means of sharing with your family and friends and for me business. As you will see from a comment in my latest post. There is are always bad people to mess up good things. And it hurts us all.

Rebekah D. said...

I noticed that comment as well and knew it must have hurt you because you have always seemed to me to be someone who tries to go about things the right way and not intentionally slight anyone. As my own dear Grandma who died last year would have said, the comment was "tacky, tacky, tacky."
Write what you want! Don't write what you don't! It's YOUR blog! If it's all the sordid details of a boring mom's boring life your readers want, just send them my way! :-)

Mommy of Boys said...

Sorry you were hurt by someone's comments. You are a very positive person and I can relate to the desire to document what's going on with your child and now your adoption process. Hope you have a better week!

Tesney said...

I'm sorry you had someone leave a nasty comment...I recently went private because I didn't want lurkers reading my blog.

I love reading about your sweet Lily and adoption process so blog away!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about that comment. I've come to learn in life that no matter how happy you are and how well things may be going, there is always someone out there jealous of what you have (or don't have for that matter). Anything that they can do to hurt you gives them an "up" on you, but thankfully you are such a great Christian person they have no hold on you. May God Bless you through your process, and keep blogging away! I love reading your updates!