Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life with the McGuire's right now...

I need to apologize to my fellow bloggers because I have so neglected doing this. I do miss it and try to make time to post, but life gets in the way. Thank you, Tesney, for reminding me that I need post more often. You are so good at it and I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog!

We have been so busy lately. It seems like all I am doing is coming and going. I started a new job at the beginning of March. I was so tired of working 40 hours a week for NO money and having to spend so much time away from Lilly. So, when I was offered a sort of "nanny" position, I jumped on it. It is only about 30 hours a week and I get paid more than I did at my old job working 40 hours a week. I am still working my old job at Vintage Sports Cards, Inc., in the mornings, until May, when the kids will get out of school. I saw this as a blessing from God because we needed a way to start saving money for the adoption. So far, it seems like we have needed the extra money as it always goes for various things, but I feel that we will be able to save some of it. This new job will work out even when we get a baby because the children's mother does not mind me having a baby to care for while watching her children. There are three children, by the way, the oldest being in 1st Grade and the youngest is 2 and a half. It is working out well and Lilly is really enjoying having someone to play with. I will bring more exciting stories at a later date about how she is adjusting to suddenly having three siblings in the afternoons. Let me just say now... boy, is it an adjustment!!

Now, for the adoption... God is so good. He helped me get our portfolio together, which was a daunting task. It took me like two to three weeks, but I was so proud of it when I had it completed. I had a wonderful girl at Staples, who was undoubtedly placed there for me by God, to help me get the pictures looking perfect. Thanks so much to Amanda, who is a great employee for Staples!! Then, we got the call that we had been unofficially approved to be a waiting family with Catholic Family Services. The reason it is unofficial is because there is one last meeting that has to take place in the Birmingham office before we will receive the official approval letter. But, our social worker, Laura, is one of the head directors and has told us that basically, "the buck stops here" with her and that if she approves you, the officialness of it is just a formality. So, a sigh of relief!! We are now to the waiting part of the adoption, which I will have to admit, is already the hardest part for me. I am getting impatient and am starting to feel so ready for this new baby to come into my life. Any of you who have adopted or are adopting can perhaps provide me with some supportive words that will help me to deal with this part of adoption.

I am also feeling a little down because my due date is coming up for the baby I lost, April 16th. It hits me each week when I get the ridiculous email that I signed up for at the beginning of that pregnancy. The title is "Your Pregnancy, 36 weeks!", or whatever week I am supposed to be in with that pregnancy. Plus, my cousin who is due several days after I would have been is hugely pregnant with a little boy. It is so hard to see her, even though I am so happy for them. I then realize that we could be having a baby is less than a month. That is so hard to swallow at times.

Well... there is a brief update. I am so sorry again for neglecting this. I think I just feel that I am not that good of a writer, so none of you are missing anything. I will try to do better because BOY, did this feel good!!

love to all of you!

4 comments:

Julie said...

It is good to get an update from you. I was wondering how things were going with the adoption and about finding your dog.
I know exactly how you feel about the whole due date thing. We lost three babies before we had Jacob. I remember having a hard time because there was this girl that I worked with that had gotten pregnant (not planning to get pregnant, wasn't even married) and the other ladies in the office were giving her a baby shower. I just couldn't go. I felt like I was being cheated! Here I was happily married, ready to start a family, and had had 3 miscarriages and here she was the totally opposite of my situation and having a baby!. It just didn't seem fair. Thank God that he blessed us with Jacob not too long after that, and Madison a few years later. I just had to constantly remind myself that God was in control of everything. I hope you do the same. He will work it all out!
Anyway...good to "hear" from you. And let us know about the dog.

Tesney said...

Yea! An update! I hope I didn't guilt you into it, though. :) I'm glad to hear about the adoption process moving forward some more. That's exciting news!

Rebekah D. said...

Glad to see that everything is going so well with the adoption process and with your job situation as well. It really makes you aware of God's hand in all of it, doesn't it? Reading yours and Julie's comments makes me aware once again of how blessed I am to have my babies, and how I should never, ever complain about a surprise pregnancy (or two or three). :-) Like she said, God is in control of whatever your situation is, and He gives you what He knows is best for you, even if you don't comprehend the "why's" and "how's" at the time. I'm praying for y'all that you will soon be blessed with another beautiful baby. I'm glad to see you posting again, too!

Lisa Lee said...

I'm so glad you have posted an update Anna Leigh! I have been wondering how things were going with the adoption process. I have been thinking of you and your family!